Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Senior Azure Data Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Contract Term: Long term with possibility to convert
- Work closely with source data application teams and product owners to design, implement and support analytics solutions that provide insights to make better decisions
- Implement data migration and data engineering solutions using Azure products and services: (Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Databricks, etc.) and traditional data warehouse tools
- Perform multiple aspects involved in the development lifecycle – design, cloud engineering (Infrastructure, network, security, and administration), ingestion, preparation, data modeling, testing, CICD pipelines, performance tuning, deployments, consumption, BI, alerting, prod support
- Be a part of a DevOps team that completely owns and supports their product
- Implement batch and streaming data pipelines using cloud technologies
- Support development of coding standards, best practices and privacy and security guidelines
- As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of software solution development using agile, DevOps, operating in a product model that includes designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications or data engineering solutions
- 3 years of data analytics experience using SQL
- 2 years of hands-on experience in Python or Spark.
- 5+ years software solution development using agile, dev ops, product model that includes designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications or data engineering solutions
- 5+ years data analytics experience using SQL
- 3+ years of development experience in Python or Spark.
- 2+ years of cloud development and data lake experience (prefer Microsoft Azure) including Azure EventHub, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, ADX, ASA, Azure Databricks, Azure DevOps, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Power Apps and Power BI
- Airline Industry Experience