Location: Atlanta, GA 30309
Term: 6 months
- Provide subject matter expertise across all of CMG for assigned transactional/functional areas and resolve questions and issues that may arise.
- Support and/or conduct monthly financial review calls with key financial and operational personnel at the locations supported.
- Prepare accrual and reclassification entries needed to ensure materially accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations in Blackline for all relevant accounts.
- Act as a liaison between the locations / other departments and EA to educate on processes, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Provide problem-resolution support to finance and operations as needed (e.g., vendor invoice coding and payments)
- Prepare, as may be required, monthly income statements and balance sheets for multiple locations/facilities (4-5 in total), including variance analysis.
- Develop, recommend and implement accounting practices throughout CMG in accordance with GAAP to ensure that financial and operating data accurately reflect the condition of the business or unit and provides reliable information necessary to control operations.
- Propose opportunities to streamline workflows and processes, create or enhance consistency, and improve the visibility of financials.
- Assist in monitoring the internal control environment and ensuring compliance with best practices.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA, or CPA track preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, including month-end close cycle, balance sheet reconciliation preparation, and financial statement analysis.
- Comfortable working within a quarterly financial reporting regime and have the ability to manage multiple tasks under aggressive deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Previous experience with SaaS-based ERPs preferred, particularly SAP S4/Hana.
- Previous experience with Blackline for account reconciliations.