We are seeking a Scrum Master to lead our software development teams in delivery several new key products we are developing. This is a new, permanent, full time position and is currently remote although our offices are located in the Alpharetta area.
For this role, we are seeking an experienced Scrum Master who can work closely with the technical Developers, QA, etc. on the Scrum team as well as interface with our business/product teams to understand requirements/user stories and prioritization. We are predominately a Java shop so experience working with onshore and offshore Java teams would be ideal. We also are using SAFe as a scaled Agile framework so experience with SAFe would be ideal as well.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities and these should align with your experience:
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible through continuous improvement initiatives and reduction of waste.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principle of collaborations, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Present team project delivery updates to executives (including the CEO)
- Achieve release milestones related to product delivery in the market.
- Managing team velocity and meeting sprint commitments
- Partner and collaborate daily to drive solutions with colleagues outside of the Engineering department
- Servant leadership for the team and a highly collaborative individual
- Strong solution orientation and not afraid to roll sleeves up to drive business outcomes.
- Strong executive and leadership presence
- Strong negotiation skills
As for qualifications for this role, you should have at least 5 years experience as a Scrum Master working with software development teams. We would expect you to have some first level Scrum certifications such as CSM and possibly others and just overall good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, systems thinking, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and ways to increase transparency.
We not only offer a competitive base salary but have a bonus as well and full benefits that start from day one including unlimited vacation! If you are looking for an excellent opportunity to leverage your Scrum Master skills and experience, please apply so we can discuss this with you in more detail.