Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Scrum Master
Location: IRVING, Texas, 75039
Term: 12 months
- Facilitating the scrum process on scrum teams with cross-functional impacts that involve moderately complex project, non-project, or maintenance work.
- Guiding the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Using empirical data to help the team(s) assess their Scrum Maturity, optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Proactively addressing systemic impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers.
- Coaching scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partnering with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Partnering with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects.
- Managing financials, team forecast and resource allocations.
- Driving Scrum adoption across all levels in the organization.
- Facilitating and accountable for owning the Scrum Agile ceremonies for the scrum team(s).
- Partnering with Product owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Identifying skills and competencies of scrum team members and makes adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams.
- Manage and develop Scaled Agile portfolios of the highest complexity.
- Guide the teams to follow Agile and Scrum practices to promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Optimize scrum team velocity to identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Oversee systemic impediments to team agility and guide the teams on methods to escalate.
- Deliver capabilities using agile practices while following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partner with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Collaborate with product owners, program or project managers to communicate delivery of work product from the teams and escalate key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Interact with internal customers.
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Train other Scrum Masters and serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 6+ years of experience as a practicing Scrum Master.
- 8+ years business experience in a matrixed management environment (e.g. product development, project management, implementation).
- Experience moving teams and organizations from Waterfall to Agile methodologies and Agile Transformations.
- Agile Scrum (CSM), SAFE certifications or other advanced Agile certifications.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile operational metrics such as: Velocity, Predictability, Sprint burn-downs, and etc.
- Banking industry experience.
- Commercial banking experience.
- 5+ years of Practicing Agile Scrum Master experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.