Title: Sr Scrum Master
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Digital Channels team is responsible for client focused digital experiences that support our Consumer Private Banking, Corporate, and Private Wealth Management businesses. We are seeking a dynamic, organized leader to play a key role in supporting these efforts amidst the rapidly changing digital servicing and sales landscape.
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Digital Channels Scrum Master role within the Digital Channels business unit will oversee assigned work streams within the roadmap implementation. This person must have experience in implementing client facing digital technologies, preferably in the financial services or similarly regulated industry. To this end, the individual will be responsible for the overall project plan, assigning and tracking scrum teams. The Scrum Master is responsible for identifying and escalating risks and challenges and managing vendor relationships as well as dependencies with internal development teams and other impacted stakeholder groups. Duties include managing timelines, resolving problems, and coaching team members on Agile methodologies. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal and external communication and effective collaboration
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Detailed understanding of digital banking products and services (consumer and/or business, web and/or mobile applications)
- Five or more years of project / program management experience and demonstrated success in 5 or more years of digital banking experience. Requires advanced knowledge of project and program management principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Demonstrated success with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. Ability to execute complex projects on time and within budget.
- Five or more years of experience that demonstrates an understanding of IT and/or banking operations systems and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in systems integration and management
- Business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives. Ability to exercise independent judgement and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Expertise with Jira and Confluence.
- A Four-year degree and / or equivalent professional experience.