- Pay 70 to 80
- Function: Data Analytics / BI Development
- Job Ref: 242884
Our established client is looking for an SAP BW/BI Developer to join their team for a long-term contract opportunity. They are looking for a technical Consultant with 7+ years of experience as they are in the process of completing multiple projects in their ECC/SRM/CRM/BW/BOBJ environment. In addition to project, they will also strive to fulfill the enhancements requested by their customers to improve the system. Other additional BW/BI related assistance during this period may be requested.
The selected candidate will design, develop, configure, test, and maintain SAP BW/BOBJ software solutions based on customer requirements, using development standards and software development lifecycle process. Daily tasks may include requirements analysis, design, planning, programming, testing, documentation, error/exception handling, performance improvements and 24/7 Support. This role will involve data management and integration, report development and analytics in both relational (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) environments.
• Interact with business to gather requirements, prioritize work, develop enhancements to the existing system, coordinate testing, and perform change management/training for BW/BI reporting and applications. Design comprehensive BI solutions, translating complex requirements into an optimal BI design. Design processes to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issues.
• Build and Enhance BI/BW objects such as InfoObjects, Transformations, DTPs, InfoProviders (DSOs, InfoCubes, and Multiproviders) and Process Chains. Monitor BI loads, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity/data design plus troubleshoot functional and technical software issues. Perform routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing.
• Create BEx queries, workbooks, key figures and variables. Develop ABAP code including user exits, function modules and start/end/expert routines
• Build Business Objects reports (4.1/4.2) using Analysis Edition for MS (Analysis/MS), Analysis Edition for OLAP (Analysis/OLAP), Crystal 2013, Crystal for Enterprise, Web Intelligence (Webi) and Design Studio with BW data and non-SAP data.
• Create Business Objects Universe as the data source with SAP and non-SAP data using Information design tool and develop reports based on Universe Data source.
• Support the training of BI Power Users. This includes BEx queries, Webi, Analysis/OLAP, Analysis/MS and dashboards developed with Design Studio
• Build our current BW landscape to include non-SAP data sources.
• Prepare project related documentation (functional design, technical design, test scripts) during the different stages of a project.
• This position requires a strong customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality, the ability to multi-task, a team focus, strong interpersonal skills and adherence to firm IT standards and change management procedures.
• The BI team works across departments to build common strategic frameworks that supports the overall business analysis capability of the firm.
• Keeps the project manager, supervisor and manager informed about customer pain points, project status, system improvements, and ways to be innovative and provide better solutions to customers.
• Clearly communicate any system issues to management and/or customers that can be understood.
• Maintain ticketing system with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
• Must be able to lead projects and suggest new functionality for our growing customers.
• Additional responsibilities specified by Management.
Is it a fit? (Requirements)
• Must have led 3 or more full SAP System Development Lifecycle Implementations
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in: SAP BW/BI, BOBJ Report Development.
• Experience in design, development, testing of custom solutions to support business process requirements in P2P process is necessary.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with BI Tools such as Crystal, Webi, dashboards development, Universe, BO Analysis, Power BI, Crystal Reports
• A minimum of 5 years of ECC & SRM extractors knowledge: HR, SD, FI, COPA PP, SRM, WM and ISU
• 3+ year experience as a technical/functional lead including project management and configuration skills leading at least one project to successful and on time completion.
• Self-starter who enjoys working with data-centric technologies, keeping up with the latest trends and always looking for innovative solutions to solve business requirements.
• Provide end user support and troubleshooting assistance through hands-on resolution. Ensure all issues are logged within agreed timeframe.
If this sounds like a fit please apply!
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.