SAP Basis Administrator
- Location: Lawrenceville, 30046
- Salary: $65 - $70 / hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted about 1 month ago
- Pay 65 to 70
- Function: Software / Application Development
- Job Ref: 240945
Our established client is looking for a SAP Basis Administrator to join their team for a long-term contract opportunity. You will be responsible for actively supporting and/or leading complex system and infrastructure projects including the planning, management, and implementation of the assigned projects across the Enterprise. This is a critical position for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) team. The ERP Basis Senior IT Systems Administrator contractor position is responsible for administration, management, configuration, documentation, report writing, scripting and primary end-user support of the county SAP systems. This includes Basis support for; BW, CRM, ECC, SRM, SAP Business Objects, NetWeaver Portal, and other SAP systems. The position is also responsible for planning, implementation and installation of upgrades to these systems along experience with installation, patch, upgrade and support Oracle 10, 11g and 12c versions. The position will be required to provide project management and ensure that the delivered solution matches the customer requirements. The incumbent will also diagnose, resolve and document application problems in a timely and accurate fashion, while ensuring minimal downtime, and respond to system emergencies as required. The incumbent will also be required to be on-call after hours, weekends and holidays on a rotating schedule with other team members. The incumbent will also be required to work with and mentor other ITS and departmental team members, and provide managers with system status reports. The incumbent will also provide end user assistance, training and support as required.
• Applies various technical disciplines such as process improvement, data analysis, and facilitation.
• Provides objective advice, expertise and specialist support skills with the aim of creating value and maximizing growth or improving the business performance of their clients.
• Provide Business Solutions through software and development, intranet portal development, maintenance and problem support of core business systems for all SAP applications.
• Ensures projects adhere to IT compliance procedures and validation requirements.
• Follows IT Change Management processes and controls for all projects.
• Leads teams or multiple teams of internal and/or external resources on a project basis.
• Ensures that business cases are developed for budgeting, planning, and tracking expense.
• Ensures that project activities are on a path to deliver benefits realization.
• Ensures collaboration with key functional partners in the implementation of initiatives.
• Key contributor in developing financial realization measures.
• Works closely with and provides direction to technology leads to support project needs.
• Influences and leads large-scale change initiatives and plans and coordinates closely with function managers and subject matter experts.
• Proactively challenge the performance of current systems and processes and identifies risks and develops solutions and/or processes and ensures necessary risk mitigation steps are built into the processes.
• Readily recognizes solution and determines at what point issues require escalation to management.
Is this a fit? (Requirements)
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, IT or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Strong skills and experience in issue resolution, influencing team members and other stakeholders, conducting difficult negotiations and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables
• Demonstrated superior understanding of business and technology organization, resources, priorities, needs and policies
• Demonstrated technical leadership in the implementation of complex projects
• Experience with the Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycle
• Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous assignments
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong skills in MS Office Suite
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, with Executive presence to provide status updates and prepare thorough and polished documentation for Executive level review.
• 7 years’ of SAP Basis Administration or related experience - database management, network administration, UNIX or AIX OS management or system backup management with at least 3 years of SAP Basis experience
• Experience with other SAP modules to include BW, CRM, ECC, SRM, Solution Manager, Business Objects V4.2 Administration and NetWeaver Portal.
• Strong interpersonal, communication skills and end-user training experience.
• 5 years’ experience with installation, patch, upgrade and support Oracle 10, 11g and 12c versions
• 7 years’ of hands on experience in system administration, installation, upgrade, configuration and advanced troubleshooting
• 5 years’ experience as a technical/functional lead including project management skills leading multiple projects to successful and on time completion
• At least one current SAP certification
• Dependable: excellent attendance record, maintains positive working relationship with management, co-workers and customers; maintains positive and proactive attitude
• Communication: Continually utilizes strong interpersonal communication skills; displays positive leadership skills by leading others towards successful completion of established goals, provides effective updates
If this sounds like a fit please apply today!
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.