Job Title: Retail Strategy & Portfolio Optimization Lead
A Strategy and Portfolio Optimization Lead is responsible for leading enterprise wide strategic projects that help drive growth and improved profitability in our retail business. Activities include evaluating existing performance and strategies and shaping business cases and strategies for new initiatives. Additionally, this position is responsible for aligning cross functional teams around initiatives and pushing the enterprise to deliver on the initiatives. This position works with groups across the enterprise including finance, marketing and operations.
- As part of the Strategic Planning and Portfolio Optimization team, this position is responsible for developing, evaluating and implementing strategies for the residential retail business.
- Provide thought leadership and lead discussions with senior management regarding residential market strategy, including evaluation of market positioning, existing portfolio management and growth opportunities.
- This position is intended to provide strategic and financial analysis to help identify and set enterprise priorities and initiatives.
- A successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to bring financial and analytical rigor to evaluating business opportunities, the ability to put structure and process around undefined and sometimes ambiguous problems, and the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- MBA or other related advanced degree required
- 7+ years related work experience; relevant work experience includes financial analysis, executive level reporting, consulting and data analysis
- Understanding of general accounting principles
- Advanced understanding of Excel and experience using SAS and Tableau (or the desire to learn to use SAS and Tableau)
- Drive profitability optimization throughout customer lifecycle
- Develop and implement strategies to drive key performance priorities and outcomes, including profitability and customer count metrics
- Excellent consulting, negotiating, consensus building and conflict resolution skills
- Deliver rigorous and top quality analysis
- Articulate financial and business trade-offs to wide range of audiences
- Be self-starter and effective in developing and driving consensus