We have a permanent opportunity for an Analyst with true business knowledge/experience not just the reporting skills. To be considered you need to have previously taken data and created dash boards for leadership. Solid Excel, Power BI and SQL experience. In this role, you will help to prepare and maintain reports for various revenue departments and must be able to make pie charts. This can be a hybrid role once training is complete.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and streamline existing reporting as scheduled and on the fly.
- Extract meaningful data from data warehouse and/or other systems to support management.
- Work closely with Corporate Analytics Manager to fully understand existing business processes and job life cycle(s).
- Navigate multiple data sources and systems to investigate and identify dynamic business behaviors.
- Monitor critical business behavior (including but not limited to revenue pipeline (backlog), quote/bid activities, production/shipping volume) and communicate any unexpected results/trends.
- Focus on data integrity to ensure executive confidence before the issuance of market guidance to investors and stakeholders.
- Establish and adhere to a timely publishing schedule.
- Suggest best practices and reporting improvements.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of new solutions.
- Support upcoming system discovery and implementation projects.
- Oversee daily e-Builder activities and data integrity maintenance.
- Participate in SOX compliance and internal auditing projects as needed.
- Gather AD HOC data sets and quickly summarize/model in an evolving environment.
- Design and develop reports and analyses to drive key business decisions.
- Provide support to the company's subsidiaries, as needed.
- Strong analytical and data processing skills with high attention to details.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to present information timely, accurately, and effectively.
- Advanced computer skills required: Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Project, Excel, Power Point, Power Query, Power BI. SQL familiarity preferred, but not required.
- Preferred, but not required: Personnel, Project, and/or Database/Systems Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT highly desired.
The business environment is casual dress with a cubicle for the work space. Free onsite parking.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
MATRIX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.