Senior Release Manager
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY (Hybrid Remote – 2 days onsite)
We have multiple roles supporting various upcoming releases so this is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team with ABOVE MARKET compensation. If you fit the profile below PLEASE APPLY and someone on our team will reach out to you within 24 hours.
- Coordinate, communicate and plan cloud migration strategies with varying audiences, including the PMO and business technology partners.
- Create and manage Jira stories, change tickets, runbooks, rollout plans, calendars, and perform collision/impact analysis for releases.
- Provide release management support for application, operational, infrastructure and configuration changes
- Execute and advise on CI/CD/CD pipelines for automated deployments.
- Assess and translate MOP and instructional documents to identify, communicate and mitigate risk.
- Uphold IT compliance with Release Management, Change Management, and SDLC processes and policies
- Manage multiple planned releases and unplanned fixes each week.
- Support releases on weeknights and/or weekends for both planned and unplanned activities, as needed.
- Integrate with the Project Management Office (PMO) and Business Technology Partners (BTP’s) to understand products, including code bases used, source systems, delivery platforms and overall application workflows, that will be migrated to the cloud.
- Plan, document, and coordinate cloud migration plans based upon input from the PMO and the BTP teams.
- Create release runbooks, release rollout plans, and any other release-related artifacts required for migration releases.
- Execute and maintain CI/CD/CD pipelines for lift-and-shift and re-platforming efforts
- Provide release management support during manual and automated application, operational, infrastructure and configuration changes in the cloud.
- Proactively assess, capture and report risks to the Release Directory and project team during scheduled planning meetings.
Technical / Related Skillset Required (Must Have):
- 7 years of strong Release Management experience, preferably in an enterprise FinTech development environment.
- 4 years of demonstrated communication efficiency to accurately deliver information to technical and non-technical staff, as well as C-level leaders.
- 2 years of applied skills in Now!, Jira, Artifactory, GitHub and Confluence.
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple work streams simultaneously in complex environments.
- A strong working knowledge of change, risk, incident, and problem management processes.
Technical / Related Skillset Preferred (Highly Desired):
- 5 years of hands-on CI/CD/CD and general automation experience
- Cloud-related certifications in one or more of the following, desired:
o AWS Security Specialty
o Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate
o AWS Developer – Associate or DevOps Engineer – Professional
o ITIL v3 or v4 certification, or 3-4 years working experience in an ITIL-based work environment
o Experience with automated release coordination tools (such as XL Release or UrbanCode Release)
Interpersonal Skillset Needs (Must Have):
- Ability to deliver quality work quickly, with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Great team member who can work with the group, as well as independently with little or no direction.
- Flexibility to quickly change priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Knack for remaining calm under pressure, maintaining a disciplined approach to communication and decision-making even in urgent situations.