Terrific Contract Opportunity with our client in the health insurance field!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Registered Dietitian Case Manager
Location: Durham, North Carolina USA 27707
Term: 5 months
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: The Registered Dietitian Case Manager is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating nutrition services throughout the continuum of care for plan members in order to meet an individuals health care needs.
- Assumes a leadership role with all internal and external customers of the healthcare team to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes.
- Serves as a team member on a multidisciplinary Health Care Coordination team that monitors utilization patterns; identifies and facilitates appropriate health care service delivery for selected members, providers, procedures, and/or diagnoses; and improves the quality and cost efficiency of care and service.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of the members health status, educational, and level of support needs. The assessment includes condition specific issues, clinical history, medications, activities of daily living, mental health status, cognitive functioning, life planning activities, cultural and linguistic needs, caregiver support and resources.
- Develops a member centric care plan which includes long and short term goals, a self management plan tailored to members needs, and identification of barriers to meeting goals or compliance to plan of care.
- Performs ongoing monitoring and management of member including: scheduled follow-up with member, discussion of plan with member, appropriate services/education to address needs, appropriate referrals with supporting documentation to MD, MSW, HLB, etc; assessment of progress towards goals, modification of plan/goals as needed.
- Formulates and implements policies and procedures for organization and operation of nutrition activities.
- Develops and manages nutrition education resources appropriate for use by both internal and external customers.
- Plans and implements in-service training programs on various nutrition topics.
- Provides leadership in all company nutrition activities as mentor/trainer
- Plans and promotes nutrition and wellness for employer groups.
- Calculates therapeutic meal plans.
- Effectively manages multiple priorities, initiatives and projects.
- Represents client in meetings with external parties including consultants, vendors, and others.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited program in dietetics or nutrition science;
- Experience in assessing, planning and managing member care with a minimum of three years of current experience as a clinical dietitian in an acute care hospital or outpatient based facility.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist in state of North Carolina. Must maintain registration status by completing 75 hours of continuing education units every five years and must maintain North Carolina licensure.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the principles and practices of medical nutrition therapy. The incumbent must possess medical management/clinical decision-making skills. Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external customers. Individual must be self motivated/self-directed. Must possess the abilities to work independently and prioritize effectively. Advanced assessment, education and counseling, and problem solving skills. The ability to deal effectively with change within the unstructured nature of case management and remain focused. Ability to handle ethical issues; demonstrates creativity, critical thinking, interviewing, negotiation and research skills. Knowledge of computer applications. Previous work experience with a managed care company or provider is preferred. Leadership/managerial skills are essential.
- Requires the skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques that are core component of the case management profession.