Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Location: Elkton, Virginia,
Term: 1 to 6 months with possible temp to perm. (11/5/2020 to 3/5/2021)
- Welcome guests, make sure people are wearing masks, escorting some visitors and badging
- The purpose of this position is to provide business operations administrative support to a department and/or manager.
- Types, formats, and produces documents such as proposals, presentations, correspondence, and standard reports.
- Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems.
- Maintains calendar and contact database, schedules appointments, completes travel or conference arrangements and may arrange meetings and conferences for an assigned work group.
- May perform administrative duties specific to department such as, conducting research, updating databases, and preparing collateral materials for mass mailings.
- Completes expense reports and handles reconciliation of receipts for a designated work group.
- Responsible for opening, sorting, prioritizing and distributing inbound mail. Coordinates services for outbound mail.
- Answers phone calls with regards to inquiries, researching and resolving problems requiring knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of two years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires general knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires basic analytical skills. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite.