The QA Tester oversees the overall quality of system changes through testing, release management, and monitoring. Must possess excellent communication skills both written and spoken as you will interact directly with stakeholders and document training aids and testing support for delivering changes which exceed expectations.
- Actively participate in refinement sessions to turn business requirements into acceptance criteria and build test cases.
- Make sure every defect is identified and resolved.
- Acclimate to the Teams cadence and methodologies and techniques.
- Be able to work independently.
- Document audit support for test cases and create training aids as necessary
- Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary.
- Able to understand application nuances to deliver accurate testing results.
- Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating impediments within control.
- Automate data mining and test preparation, where applicable
- Automate test execution, where applicable
- Report daily progress and overall test engagement milestones
- Bachelors Degree or higher from four-year university; experience may offset education
- Extensive Utility Industry experience
- Minimum 2-5 years professional experience in an Operational Management, Process Improvement, or other roles that focus on development and implementation of systematic changes and processes.
- Experience with data extraction and analysis.
- Experience with billing systems, data models, and database structure and design required.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of the Testing lifecycle from unit testing to integration and regression testing. A strong desire to implement well-tested changes, preferably through test automation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Working in an Agile environment preferred
- Participative leadership style with a strong emphasis on staff development.
- Ability to manage and adapt in an extremely busy and frequently changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic understanding of EDI a plus
- SQL Query, Access, and/ or VBA experience a plus
- Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement training a plus
- Working with Relational Databases preferably MySQL, PLSQL, or MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge of scripting tools preferably QT Pro, WorkSoft Certify, SAP Scripting, CATT, and/or HP Quality Center Suite of Testing Products
- Scripting Development and Execution
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment to meet deadlines and service levels
- Ability to adapt in a consistently changing environment
- Passion for analytics and excellent business performance
- Work effectively and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to receive direct feedback, adjusting approach and goals accordingly.
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver to milestones
- Ability to influence organizational decisions and teams