Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: QA Automation Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 8 months
- Working under limited supervision, ensures that functionality / software is implemented and enhanced per the requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated and manual test scripts for requirement/user story validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing.
- Create test artifacts, including Test Plans and Reports.
- Create and maintain reusable test data for automation scripts.
- Design and develop test automation framework and strategies.
- Work with Development team to capture and reuse automated test cases.
- Responsible for daily status reporting at project level.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific user stories/requirements/quality risks.
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration and work effort, along with confidence level, and foreseeable dependencies.
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing risks / issues, and taking corrective action as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Previous experience with Agile software development preferred.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Familiarity with GitHub, TFS, UFT, Dynatrace and New Relic.
- BS in Computer Science, or Business related or comparable work experience.
- 3-5 years of IT Quality Assurance or Development experience in a fast-paced, time-to-market driven environment preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with test automation tools.
- Experience with test automation, test script creation and modification required.
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills are required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Agile.
- Working knowledge of HP test tools including UFT.