Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Python Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28262-8522
Term: 6 months
- Delivering key features and capabilities to our Separately Managed Accounts Platform.
- Will be encouraged to be creative in solving problems both in the optimization space as well as in data and micro-services, working with data scientists & quantitative portfolio managers to accommodate massive growth.
- Will have access to a massive dataset of financial data.
- Will be a key player in productionizing new features that deliver data & insights to improve portfolio optimization at scale.
- Will be highly collaborative - with our Portfolio Optimization stream, Data Engineering stream, User Experience stream, and other engineering teams. Interpersonal skills and the ability to learn and act quickly are crucial to succeeding in this role.
- Develop best in class software for distributed research and portfolio optimization models
- Building a highly scalable system for ingesting, transforming, and enhancing billions of data points
- Optimizing data pipelines for performance and scalability
- Providing mentorship to the team on best practices and architecture in Big Data systems
- Establishing automated mechanisms to monitor and improve data integrity across all services & systems
- Partnering with the Systematic SMA team to implement advanced algorithmic models
- Being a key contributor in defining a distributed optimization engineering roadmap and coordinating multiple projects
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- The ideal candidate for this position has a background in a variety of systems including streaming, ETL, micro-services, modeling, and is proficient in software engineering best practices.
- This individual will enjoy building and optimizing highly technical big data systems, keeping up with the latest tools and techniques, and collaborating with a small team.
- We are looking for a self-starter who has the desire to be the go-to person for Python and interesting problems to solve in a fast-growing start-up making a tangible difference on working people’s lives.
- 5+ years of experience in Python engineering.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Experience with distributed data streaming frameworks like Spark Structured Streaming, Apache Flink, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with computing and large-scale systems.
- Experience with automated testing for distributed systems in Spark (unit testing, end to end testing, QA, CI/CD).
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to new concepts.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
- Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment.
- Experience with containers (Kubernetes, ECS, EC2, Docker, Podman, etc.).
- Java, C#, Rust
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.