Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Python Developer - Disaster Recovery Application
Location: SUMMIT, New Jersey, 07901-1444
Term: 12 months
- Drive the planning, design, construction, testing, and implementation of our Application Resiliency program suite of products.
- Develop reusable Python, Java, and Angular UI components, frameworks, and libraries on web and windows platforms.
- Support the full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.).
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams.
- Have a solid understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery programs.
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years of technology experience.
- 3+ years with Python, Java, .NET , MS-SQL, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS.
- 2+ years of REST API’s , Kubernetes, container technologies.
- Experience with GIT, JIRA, Confluence, and SharePoint.
- Experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum Concepts.
- Familiarity with Cloud Concepts.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Python or Java experience.
- Oracle / Mongo database experience.
- Azure development experience.
- Web development experience (Angular or React preferred).
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.