This growing commercial finance company has an immediate 6-month contract-to-hire opportunity in Plano, TX for a Senior Python Developer.
This role requires a local candidate who can be in the office a day or two per week for the first month and remain local to the metroplex for occasional office meetings.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR THE ROLE
- 4+ years of college or university degree
- 5+ years of related IT experience
- 3-4+ years of experience using Python; full stack including front-end app experience
Good working knowledge of RDBMS; MySQL, MariaDB
Results-orientated with a high level of personal initiative and proven leadership ability
- Maintain the highest levels of professionalism, punctuality, and positive attitude.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- The Senior Python Developer will translate business needs and processes into solid technical requirements, speak to applicable patterns that will best achieve the desired functionality, and be able to continuously deliver value and new features to users.
- Will deliver solid individual performance in a team environment, mentor less experienced developers, and participate in leadership strategy discussions that impact the health and roadmap of web applications.
- Will approach problems in a self-directed and open-minded manner and engage in ego-less and productive retrospectives and discussions with a mentality of inclusion, respect, experimentation, and improvement.
- This role is vital to ensure that software is implemented and maintained to provide a reliable, secure, and scalable platform for supporting business operations.
- Will work on a small team and be responsible for the development and maintenance of a custom-built business platform that leverages Python, Linux OS (CentOS), MariaDB (fork of MySQL), TortoiseSVN (version control), JetBrains, GreenSock, and Figma graphical design.
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software products with Python.
- Take full stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code.
- Consistently create optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considering scalability, reliability, and performance of systems affected when defining technical designs.
- Make sound design/coding decisions keeping user experience at the forefront.
- Take feedback from code review and apply changes to meet standards. Conducting code reviews to guide engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
- Ensure all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices.
- Embrace emerging technology opportunities and contribute to the best practices in support of the company's technology transformation.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Review tasks critically and ensure they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery.
- Anticipate and communicate blockers and delays before they require escalation.
- Provide On-Call support is occasionally required for periodic maintenance.