Position: Python Databricks Engineer
Location: Irving, TX
Term: 6 Months
- Create, tune, maintain and build reporting for the Big Data platforms that drive their retail business.
- Perform systems integration design and development in cloud architecture design (Azure).
- Build sizing and cost models for Cloud Services (Azure).
- Review enhancement requests and recommend best solution to stakeholders as SME.
- Containerize ingestion processes using docker and Kubernetes services.
- Understand business requirements to design , build, develop and test data integration pipelines.
- Plan, direct DevOps implementation and system hardware/software updates for better performance, stability.
- Work on the BI dashboards to support retail stores and the Azure AI platform that runs the personalized consumer experiences used by millions each day.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of previous Big Data experience.
- 3+ years or demonstrated mastery of development with programming languages - Python, SQL, Unix.
- 2+ years experience with Apache Spark and Databricks cloud tool sets (AWS or Azure).
- 1+ years experience with GCP/Azure Cloud Big Data tools (PowerBI/DataLake/Azure Databricks).
- Python, SQL, Spark, Cloud skill set are mandatory.
- Proficiency in API security frameworks, token management and UAC including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Basic knowledge of using Devops, Github, JIRA tools and ability to work in Agile environment.
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal and communication skills.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.