Position: Python Databricks Engineer
Location: Irving, TX
Term: 6 Months
- Create, tune, maintain and build reporting for the Big Data platforms that drive their retail business.
- Perform systems integration design and development in cloud architecture design (Azure).
- Build sizing and cost models for Cloud Services (Azure).
- Review enhancement requests and recommend best solution to stakeholders as SME.
- Containerize ingestion processes using docker and Kubernetes services.
- Understand business requirements to design , build, develop and test data integration pipelines.
- Plan, direct DevOps implementation and system hardware/software updates for better performance, stability.
- Work on the BI dashboards to support retail stores and the Azure AI platform that runs the personalized consumer experiences used by millions each day.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of previous Big Data experience.
- 3+ years or demonstrated mastery of development with programming languages - Python, SQL, Unix.
- 2+ years experience with Apache Spark and Databricks cloud tool sets (AWS or Azure).
- 1+ years experience with GCP/Azure Cloud Big Data tools (PowerBI/DataLake/Azure Databricks).
- Python, SQL, Spark, Cloud skill set are mandatory.
- Proficiency in API security frameworks, token management and UAC including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Basic knowledge of using Devops, Github, JIRA tools and ability to work in Agile environment.
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal and communication skills.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.