As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will work across technical functions and with other product teams to prioritize building, integrating, and maintaining platforms that are essential to the client's future growth. You will work to contribute to large-scale initiatives that impact product lines and teams across the organization. You will work closely with the client's technical team - architects, developers, quality assurance, user experience and work with stakeholders from marketing, operations, and product management.
You should be comfortable breaking down and solving complex problems. You should be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner; this includes being comfortable engaging with product managers, technical leaders, and other key stakeholders to build consensus, define an approach and rationale for prioritization, and communicate project status, findings, and escalations on a regular basis.
- Develops, refines, and documents requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for prioritized feature development.
- Collaborates with Design Team in the Discover Phase of Agile Playbook related to user requirement activities.
- Perform necessary backlog maintenance, such as identifying stories and define them for ready for work.
- Supports Product Manager in prioritizing work, signing off user stories aligned with definition of done.
Hybrid Model (Agile (includes bullets above) or Waterfall or both)
- Supports testing activities prior to release, assuring we built what aligns to agreed features and capabilities
- Assists in setting, gathering, and tracking performance metrics for team
- Facilitates meetings with Business, Design, Dev Team, and other events as needed
- Support the product managers in collaborating with cross functional teams and leadership, to ensure team strategy aligns with overall product vision
- Supports documentation of business processes – AS IS/ TO BE STATE
- Assists in training documentation and supporting product details for the business
- Supports team with application and interface mapping
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Technical Product Manager or Business Analyst
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements, performing gap analyses, creating user stories, test cases, and wireframes
- Experienced in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Ability to document system design, create specifications, flow charts, and other related diagrams based on needs
- Ability to lead by influencing others, without the need to project formal authority, especially in cross-functional and executive settings
- Well versed in defining roadmaps and collaborating with teams that employ agile/scrum software development methodologies