MATRIX Resources has a wonderful opportunity for a Project Services Engineer with a retail energy background to join a highly sought after client! This position will be contract to hire and preferably sit in Phoenix or has opportunity to be remote!
3 years of experience with direct BESS/Solar project experience is required!
Position responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Project Development and Project Engineering Support
- Support technical elements of RFIs/RFPs in collaboration with project developers and engineers
- Support interconnection processes with technical expertise
- Maintain a detailed understanding of design and operational standards and approved products.
- Deliver equipment technical specs for EPC RFP processes
- Integration Requirements Development
- Develop hybrid system integration requirements, with specific focus on energy storage systems (ESS).
- Collaborate with project developers and business leads to perform technical feasibility of hybrid systems (e.g. solar + storage, wind + solar) market opportunities.
- Establish acceptance criteria relative to hybrid system integration requirements.
- Supply Chain Support
- Represent technical requirements during vendor qualification and selection
- Maintain and update technical specifications used in supply contracts
- Maintain close technical contact with ESS suppliers to understand product road maps and advocate for features that support company projects
- Architectural Design
- Generate architectural designs that are traceable to requirements.
- Assess a range of architectural designs based on project specific constraints and propose optimal solutions based on technical and commercial considerations.
- Establish hardware and software controls requirements for market applications, including utility and ISO compliance requirements.
- Conduct peer reviews of design, analysis and final architectural recommendations.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS required (MS preferred) in electrical, mechanical, or controls engineering
- 5+ years of direct engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical information verbally and experience writing technical reports
- Proficiency in working on a small team in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic software programming skills, especially MS Excel and Python
- Knowledge of utility Energy Management Systems (EMS) and utility communication systems, including SCADA
- Knowledge of utility equipment specifications
- Familiarity with energy storage product safety standards such as UL1973 and UL9540
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of electrical standards (UL/IEEE) and National Electrical Code and California Building Code, plus U.S. utility interconnection standards
- Experience on utility electrical power system projects or distributed energy resource projects preferred
- Prior experience in Energy Storage, Battery Systems, Renewable Energy, Utility, and other related industry experience
- Familiarity with technical communications protocols (TCP/IP, Modbus/TCP, etc.) and a variety of controls software/hardware platforms
- Familiarity or experience with energy market applications and telemetry requirements