This fast growing Dallas-based consulting firm has an immediate 9+ month contract opportunity for a Project Manager/Scrum Master. This position requires working in the Irving, TX office 3 days per week. This Project Manager/Scrum Master will play a crucial role in managing the activities and resources allocated to assigned projects into a cohesive, efficient manner as well as overseeing technology projects within cost, quality, and time. The ideal person for this role is a clear and direct communicator with a curiosity and excitement for problem solving while delivering high value with low effort. Must work very well with others and strongly value teamwork. Requires an enthusiasm for technology and a passion for continuous learning. This position will also have the opportunity to support multiple business areas within the organization (Finance, Sales, Products, Transactions, Communications and Customer Support). The Project Manager manages all activities and tasks associated with the completion of an assigned project. This may include managing or coordination with a team of Developers, Business Analysts, Product Owners and other Project Managers.
- Facilitating Scrum ceremonies while providing project management oversight for planning, reporting, and financials.
- Developing, monitoring, and controlling project scope, cost, time, and quality.
- Managing and coordinating multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget.
- Organizing and planning project tasks and schedules.
- Managing tasks in accordance with Project Management Institute (PMI) standards / Agile Framework and those of the company.
- Communicating project status to stakeholders and key project participants.
- Staying aware of company goals and strategies to ensure projects align with business priorities.
- Facilitating and encouraging collaboration across departments to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Delegating work to team members based on skills and expertise.
- Optimizing project deliverables, schedule, and budgeting.
- Working with proposal teams to develop cost estimates and project plans.
- Creating presentations and reports to communicate project status.
- Keeping the project team focused on the end goal.
- Developing a Project Management Plan from Concept to Final Release Phase.
- Effectively reporting on Projects, including accurate, effective, and efficient project document control and record management.
- Providing a Project Coordination Function and managing a team effectively.
- Liaising with business and IT.
- Providing coordination for kick off meetings for projects and ensure that all relevant stakeholders are aware of the tasks required of them.
- Managing the resources for the project from start to end
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience.
- Scrum Master Certification and strong knowledge of Agile framework.
- Good knowledge of Project Management methodology and Process.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand / monitor and update project financials.
- Ability to work with various groups for a common goal/implementation.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work-related industry experience.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) experience.
- The ability to work well in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Integrity, respect, honesty and trustworthiness.
- High level of professionalism.
- Team leader and player.
- Self-disciplined and able to self-manage and set goals.
- Presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of business integration.
- Communication and stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of project management systems and tools including Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of scheduling.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.