Title: Project Manager
Location: San Francisco CA
Type: Contract-24 months
Our client, a leading financial institution, seeks a Project Manager
- Responsible for leading project teams and managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses.
- Interacts with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects.
- Consults with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases, including statements of work.
- Creates and delivers presentations on program or project goals and plans, including progress reports.
- Responsible for end-to-end program or project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end.
- Develops and implements program and project level processes, procedures and performance metrics.
- May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors.
- Typically manages a family or series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls.
- Ensures program/project-related risks are managed according to the Project Management Policy.
- Leads project staff, including training and providing input to performance evaluations.
- May directly manage 1 or 2 project staff team members
- 10+ years project management experience.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: internet based business systems, intranet based business systems, or e-business consulting
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Financial services industry experience
- 5+ years Agile experiences
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile or online technologies industry enterprise project or program oversight
- Ability to manage complex data and reporting projects requiring coordination of resources at different levels both internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings to reach conclusions, identify tasks, record actions, and achieve results
- Ability to lead, train, and provide feedback to staff and corresponding managers
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles and the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of internet, mobile, and tablet technology
- Knowledge and understanding of online authentication, authorization, fraud, or security
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Knowledge and understanding of internet money movement solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of PMUWS (Project Management University Work Station)
- Knowledge and understanding of clients Virtual Channels WFB systems and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of clients STAMP (System Time-reporting, Accounting Management for Projects)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Scrum Master certification
- Agile Certification
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to manage large-scale initiatives including stakeholders across business and technical teams