Title: Professional Services Project Manager- Finance/Risk/Compliance
Contract: 6 months + with possible contract-to-hire
Locations: 100% remote with limited travel up to 10%
If you are looking for a Project Manager position within Professional Services space and have a background working with finance, compliance and regulations and enjoy working with clients towards a successful implementation/integration - we have a great contract for you!
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the implementation of assigned projects and is the single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
Consistently works with complex or high visibility projects. Projects that make up the programs include maintenance and service request efforts through new concept projects. Program level efforts can span multiple lines of business and systems.
Communication Audience: Project Team, Customers, Program Managers, Directors, Product Managers, Senior or Executive Leadership across departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Determines staffing requirements and forms project teams.
3. Participates in the development of best practices, project standards, procedures, and quality objectives, including metrics for assessing progress. Utilizes established project standards, procedures and quality objectives.
4. Conducts project kickoff meetings, communicating individual roles and project/program expectations. Ensures that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
5. Develops detailed project plans and schedules. May be asked to review project plans developed by other project managers and provide guidance.
6. Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects or programs including sub projects and at times, individual project members; including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
7. May audit project processes.
8. Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule. Identifies ways to resolve all types of issues impacting the success of the project, develops action plans to get the project back on track, and escalates if necessary. Keeps management aware of the situation.
9. Provides required project status reporting. Assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
10. Conducts formal reviews with program manager/PMO Director to confirm compliance to PM Best Practices.
11. Sends satisfaction survey to customers and takes action to address any of their concerns in a timely manner.
12. Provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project/program performance. Uses past experiences to identify potential areas of improvement.
13. Defines and implements recovery plans for individual projects. Emphasis includes changes which address the core needs of the specific projects.
14. Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project /program sponsors, vendors, key clients.
15. Coaches or mentors less experienced team members on all project management skills and responsibilities.
16. Facilitates conflict resolution.
17. Participates in the collaboration with other project teams to coordinate interdependencies and issue resolution.
18. Creates statements of work (SOW) and change request (CR) documents and conducts internal reviews with legal, sales, and program management.
19. Works with project coordinators to setup projects for time tracking.
20. Closely tracks budget, forecast, and actuals on a monthly basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field, specialized training, or equivalent work experience.
• 7 years of IT project management experience or equivalent team leadership experience.
• Experience working in Banking, Compliance, or Professional Services is desired.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Demonstrated delivery experience for multiple, large scale projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain results in a matrix organization. Ability to enlist support of cross function teams within a large or matrix organization.
- Demonstrated strength in problem definition and resolution.
- Experience in the use of multiple structured methodologies, such as Waterfall, Iterative, RUP, Agile, and PMI methodology.
- Process Improvement
- Demonstrated leadership
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Project Financial Management
- Project Planning
- Project Issue/Risk Management
- Project Scope Management
- MS Visio
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Teams
- PMP Certification Preferred
If this looks like a fit we would love to hear from you!