Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Product Designer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 11 months
- Work with a cross-functional team using agile methodology to define user stories and UX deliverables.
- Influence design and product owner decisions based on UX best practices, design principles and research.
- Collaborate with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions.
- Collect, analyze, present and action feedback and manage changes to deliverables.
- Present work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, research data or business requirements).
- Design the visual style, interface and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed specifications and design patterns.
- Gather and translate rules and assets into UX systems, programs and enterprise solutions.
- Prepare, manage, update and distribute UX documentation (navigational flows, wire frames, mock-ups, use cases, task flows prototypes, content, system errors, etc.).
- Advocate for the user and collaborate with business owners to develop features and flows that align with the user’s needs.
- Create research strategies based on project KPIs and develop usability test plans, scripts and scenarios for prototypes. Regularly formulate and test hypotheses during design iterations.
- Use research techniques (heuristic reviews, user interviews, remote unmoderated and in-person testing) to determine ease-of-use and comprehension of designs and ideas.
- Design, recruit / schedule and moderate usability studies and user interviews.
- Provide timely status reporting (including work left to do, issues, risks) on all projects.
- Manage all communications necessary to get the project done including negotiating with key stakeholders.
A qualified candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or similar.
- Strong skills in modern design and prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Adobe CC, Figma).
- Experience working closely with developers from inception through implementation in an agile environment.
- Advanced analytical skills dealing with complex data problems and implementing sustainable solutions.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles, geographical and time zone boundaries.
- Knowledge and proficiency using remote unmoderated testing tools and moderated testing devices and platforms.
- In-depth understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and a solid grasp of trends in web and app design.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to label, classify and intelligently build flows and wireframes for complex computer applications are a plus.
- Experience rapidly iterating designs to conduct user testing and to deliver to development teams.
- Experience in responsive, adaptive and accessible designs.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and communicate effectively with non-technical users.
A preferred candidate should posses
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or similar.
Sound like a good fit? Please include an online portfolio demonstrating a strong experience in creating user-centered experiences with your cover letter and resume.