Title: Technical Procurement and IT Inventory Specialist
Location: Frisco, TX (REMOTE)
Our mission is to provide premium quality technology & business solutions delivered by the best and most experienced technology professionals, working hard and having fun at the same time.
Our business and technology consulting isn't just your career - it's your passion. That means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your teammates, our customers, and the IT community.
We are passionate about pushing the limits of technology to help our customers achieve their goals. We thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork. We discuss all issues as necessary to find the best route to resolution. We are committed to growth - as an organization and for everyone.
We are currently seeking the right individual to fill a position for a Technical Procurement and IT Inventory Specialist.
As a Technical Procurement and IT Inventory Specialist, you’ll be responsible for all things related to products, whether they are physical, virtual, or otherwise. This includes purchasing products and licenses as required, tracking shipments and availability, maintaining our product catalog, maintaining our inventory count, managing, and replenishing the tools our technicians use onsite, and maintaining vendor relationships as needed.
The Technical Procurement and IT Inventory Specialist works closely with everyone in our organization - the sales team, the service desk team, the project team, and the financial team.
The job is based full time at our main office in Frisco, Texas and because of the physical nature of the work, requires that you be in the office every day. It can be a very quick moving and high-volume role as our clients have immediate and emergency needs that pop up from time to time. If this excites you then we welcome your application.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Communicate with leaders and team members in a timely and professional manner
- Make sure all required products are available at the time they are required and work with others to determine an alternate solution when items are not going to be in stock on time
- Ensure inventory is always up to date, both as the product catalog and the actual count of items on hand
- Manage the distribution of necessary hardware and tools to technical team
- Initiate and maintain vendor relationships to ensure we are getting the best possible circumstances and pricing
- Manage the RMA process with the vendor and with our internal staff
- Prepare quotes to be sent to clients as needed and expediently
- Coordinate onsite visits with clients for procured items, in coordination with our service manager and staff
Qualifications and Skills:
This job absolutely requires the following. Do not apply if you don’t have:
- Great verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- The ability to organize and manage your workload independently and meet short timelines
- The ability to handle stressful situations and deadlines
- The ability to translate general objectives into specific tasks for action
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency with computer networking products and related software, technology products in general, and IT services generally
You’re probably right for this job if you have:
- Experience managing inventory
- Experience using Autotask or comparable PSA/CRM
- Experience using QuoteWerks or comparable purchasing system
- Strong self-confidence
- A creative problem-solving mindset
- Proficiency with office applications, especially Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- The ability to switch tasks quickly and adapt to changes quickly
- The willingness to document all your work and operate transparently
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Frisco, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Sourcing & Procurement Occupations: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Required) 8 hour shift