Position: Procurement Analyst
Location: 100% Remote
Term: 6 Months
To be successful in this position, qualified resources must have experience with procurement and the ability to interpret, review and negotiate contracts. Communication skills, oral & written, is absolutely required, as well as the ability to foster strong relationships coupled with excellent customer service skills. A strong commitment to deliver results, managing deadlines, attention to details, customer service focus, and the willingness/enthusiasm for accepting responsibility and accountability are required.
- Participate in the daily operational activities for the company's product procurement process; open and close orders, monitor receipts, monitor exceptions, and ensure correct pricing.
- Ensure the procurement process and policies are applied. Partner with the business stakeholders to identify and coordinate purchases.
- Initiate and complete transactions in systems such as ServiceNow and Coupa. Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries regarding order status, changes, or cancellations. Contact suppliers to resolve issues. Communicate information to manager, team members, project managers, and suppliers by telephone, in written form, or e-mail.
- Support the procurement managers by acting as a point of excellence to a specific business unit or a sourcing category, helping to formulate & execute on sourcing strategies which meet their business goals.
- Advise the business / function on procurement policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
- Administer procurement systems and perform spend analytics as required.
- Manage the procurement lifecycle (RFI/P/Q, Renewal Process) for the specific business unit or sourcing category.
- Experience with Procure-to-Pay system implementation a plus
- 2 - 3 years purchasing experience, including interaction with purchasing and contract systems
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Excellent MS Office application (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Outlook) and reporting skills
- Strong knowledge of procurement principles, theories and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to act independently
- Ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues/customers
- Ability to manage deadlines and service levels in a transactional environment
- Bachelor's degree required (or sufficient work experience)