Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Principal Strategic Sourcing Advisor to join their team for a possible contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Principal Strategic Sourcing Advisor
Term: 6 Months, Possible Contract to Hire
Location: Remote, USA
** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Strong skills with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PPT, Word) and strong written and verbal communications
- Bachelors degree and 5 years senior sourcing advisor and contract negotiation, and/or category management/vendor management experience.
- Area-specific management experience to include at least one of the following: Human Resources, Professional Services, Information Technology, Healthcare, Marketing/Advertising, Strategy, Finance.
- Project management a plus.
Accountable for all sourcing activities for the assigned business areas. Works to reduce organizational cost of ownership by leveraging sourcing strategies, tools and processes while mitigating risk through effective vendor governance. Partners with third party vendors, assigned business owners and the Vendor Contracting team in the preparation, analysis, and negotiation of vendor contracts.
- Establish sourcing strategies for assigned category(ies) in conjunction with internal stakeholders and their associated business strategy.
- Conduct sourcing events, including development of project work plan, sourcing profile, sourcing strategy, minimum requirements and evaluation criteria.
- Develop and implement assorted bid documents and requests (i.e. RFP, RFI, RFQ) for strategic suppliers; and manage status reporting and performance metrics of sourcing activities.
- Understand, analyze and forecast complex market and industry dynamics and share subject matter expertise and industry knowledge within the established portfolio of products and services.
- Partner with stakeholders to source products and services using proven tools, processes, and analytics to drive and achieve business results.
- Evaluate analyses of sourcing results from a total cost of ownership perspective and provide optimization recommendations
- Participate in cross-functional teams responsible for complex vendor negotiations, including those that require specialized subject matter expertise, nonstandard risk mitigation solutions, and coordination of multiple arrangements.
- Proactively establish and foster successful, positive working relationships with business partners.
- Coordinate vendor risk assessments and develop plans to track and address significant risks.
- Collaborate effectively with Corporate Compliance, Legal, Audit and Risk Management and other internal stakeholders for compliance activities to ensure regulatory conditions are met.
- Develop new procedures, training, initiatives, specifications and recommendations for process or policy changes and improvements, as appropriate.
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.