Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Principal Solution Architect to join their team for a possible contract to hire role!
Our client has over 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina, serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by providing innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Principal Solution Architect
Term: 12 + Months, possible Contract to Hire
Location: ** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of progressive experience in IT development, design, and/or architecture, or 12 years of progressive experience in the same field without a degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of solution architecture experience designing, describing, and managing solution engineering related to specific business problems, with exposure to multiple technical integrations and technologies.
- Experience coordinating vendor solution delivery and partnering effectively with vendors to meet business needs.
- Healthcare experience required, specifically with other payers, providers, or insurance.
- Familiarity with AWS, Snowflake, Kafka, Data Streaming, JSON, and XML required.
- IT Governance and Architecture knowledge required as it relates to Standards, Patterns, Decisions, and Specifications.
- Ability to lead in driving the solution and obtain approvals based on new technologies.
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring development team members.
- Certification in at least one facet of IT architecture preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative impact on health plans and health insurance and plan administration.
- Knowledge of AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, and other skill sets.
- Understanding of object-oriented system architectures utilizing use cases, Agile and Waterfall methodologies, and application design principles, practices, system development methodologies, and software life cycles.
- Experience with ArchiMate, Draw.IO, and Visio diagraming.
- Serve as Senior Solution Architect on full Software Development Life Cycle projects and vendor work, developing, maintaining, and reviewing application architecture throughout the project.
- Lead proof-of-technology activities and serve as Lead Project Architect on a project team.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable standards, application portfolio strategy, service level agreements, and processes.
- Work on up to 5 projects simultaneously and yield successful project deployment.
- Review and identify gaps and/or opportunities in vendor work to meet long-term corporate goals.
- Contribute to and apply IT industry best practices.
- Participate in and/or lead cross-functional IT Architecture groups that review designs from an enterprise level.
- Support pre-project efforts and assist with conceptual solutions, time estimates, and design documentation.
- Develop Solution Architecture Models and Documentation and provide technical expertise and coaching for others.
- Collaborate with the broader architecture community to provide input into IT strategies and standards.Establish, maintain, and review enterprise architecture models to enable application development and decision-supporting activities consistent with IT plans.