Title: Principal Electrical Engineer – Avionics Embedded Digital Design Engineer
Term: 12 Months
Long term contract opportunity in Cedar Rapids, IA, for a Principal Electrical Engineer – Avionics Embedded Digital Design Engineer.
- Digital circuit board design (processors, peripherals, DSP, I/O, etc) that require the application of electrical engineering principles and techniques.
- Will be required to design, develop, document, verify, qualify, troubleshoot, transition to production, and sustain electronic hardware of simple to high complexity.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplined support staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle. Circuit card design efforts include using schematic entry tools (Mentor Graphics DxDesigner) and working with printed circuit card designers to develop printed wiring board layouts.
- Knowledge of high-density circuit board layout, design for EMI control, manufacturability, testability and thermal control are required.
- Experience with high-speed digital design.
- Has developed schematics and guided the layout of high-speed digital circuit boards.
- Experience capturing and verifying requirements for Circuit Card design.
- Experience working with standard lab equipment for integration testing of hardware designs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and independently on assigned tasks.
Experience following areas is desirable:
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university.
- Interfacing with complex embedded devices (microprocessors, 2D/3D graphics processors, ASICs, FPGAs) as a part of overall hardware design.
- DO-160 or MIL-STD-810/MIL-STD-461 qualification.
- Lighting protection circuits and testing.
- Experience with VITA/VPX industry standards.
- FPGA development including VHDL or Verilog RTL and simulation.
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.