Title: Principal Electrical Engineer – Avionics Embedded Digital Design Engineer
Term: 12 Months
Long term contract opportunity in Cedar Rapids, IA, for a Principal Electrical Engineer – Avionics Embedded Digital Design Engineer.
- Digital circuit board design (processors, peripherals, DSP, I/O, etc) that require the application of electrical engineering principles and techniques.
- Will be required to design, develop, document, verify, qualify, troubleshoot, transition to production, and sustain electronic hardware of simple to high complexity.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplined support staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle. Circuit card design efforts include using schematic entry tools (Mentor Graphics DxDesigner) and working with printed circuit card designers to develop printed wiring board layouts.
- Knowledge of high-density circuit board layout, design for EMI control, manufacturability, testability and thermal control are required.
- Experience with high-speed digital design.
- Has developed schematics and guided the layout of high-speed digital circuit boards.
- Experience capturing and verifying requirements for Circuit Card design.
- Experience working with standard lab equipment for integration testing of hardware designs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and independently on assigned tasks.
Experience following areas is desirable:
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university.
- Interfacing with complex embedded devices (microprocessors, 2D/3D graphics processors, ASICs, FPGAs) as a part of overall hardware design.
- DO-160 or MIL-STD-810/MIL-STD-461 qualification.
- Lighting protection circuits and testing.
- Experience with VITA/VPX industry standards.
- FPGA development including VHDL or Verilog RTL and simulation.
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.