Job Title: Portfolio Delivery Manager
Type: Contract to Hire
The Portfolio Delivery Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of a functional portfolio of investments which are made up of medium and high complexity programs and projects related to healthcare payer core applications. The incumbent is an expert level individual contributor who serves as a key influencer in the administration of project portfolios aimed at enabling key business outcomes across the enterprise from within our Product Management organization.
- Provides leadership and oversight to ensure the successful delivery of portfolio level outcomes that will require coordination across various program and project managers, and/or release train engineers and scrum masters.
- Works collaboratively with Product Management Directors & Technology Directors within a Portfolio to develop execution strategies and plans for delivering and sequencing key programs and projects.
- Ensures delivery accountability, risk, and communication across the portfolio and works in unison with key program execution roles including associated program managers, project managers, and scrum teams required to deliver portfolio level objectives on-time, on-budget, and within defined goals.
- Creates portfolio level resource plans spanning business, technology and support functions, manages dependencies, develops and delivers consistent portfolio communication, and upholds portfolio governance requirements.
- Monitors and provides high level insight, status, and line of sight accountability across all related programs and projects within a portfolio with an emphasis on the defined financial and business outcomes within the business case(s) associated with the portfolio.
- Identifies, manages, and resolves dependencies, risks, and issues at both strategic and tactical levels and creates visibility and reporting for these at the portfolio level
- Leads the portfolio management processes, creating visibility through reporting on the size, health and state of portfolio program and project delivery to all levels of management
- Creates portfolio level resource and project plans in support of the entire change delivery lifecycle which may include concept development, business case evolution, funding events as well as high-level design, delivery, and launch plans which focus on achieving intended business outcomes as defined by the portfolio; this requires enterprise collaboration across business, technology, and support function stakeholders whom all have a role in delivering portfolio level outcomes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
- Knowledge of portfolio project management industry trends and experience managing portfolios of interdependent or interrelated projects
- Proven leadership in managing cross functional teams and/or programs
- Good problem-solving skills
- Confident and able to influence stakeholders
- Analytical skills required to effectively manage activities related to strategic planning, monitoring, process management, risk management, and reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills required to interact with all levels of management and/or stakeholders
- Effective interpersonal skills required to develop trusted relationships with key portfolio stakeholders across the enterprise