Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Join the team at this paper and packaging Solutions Company that combines practical innovations and rigorous execution to give their customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. As one of Fortune Magazine's Worlds Most Admired Companies, this firm is known for social responsibility, innovation, and high-quality products and services.
Position: Payroll Specialist
Location: Duluth Georgia 30096
Term: 4 months
- Process accurate and timely payrolls for all employees.
- Process all payroll transactions and preparing file loads for hourly and salaried payrolls.
- Key direct deposit, tax, and deductions into the system for processing.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and provincial tax laws.
- Resolves customer service issues and problems utilizing their individual expertise in payroll policies and laws.
- Responds to questions from employees and resolves discrepancies.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for US and Canadian payroll related issues.
- Maintains payroll records and databases.
- Follows all defined payroll SOX controls as defined in payroll narrative.
- Provides analysis or work on projects assigned by their manager.
- Maintains time and attendance systems to ensure accurate data for payroll processing and reporting.
- Completes daily and weekly time analysis on each location.
- Downloads information out of Workbrain and Kronos into Qlikview to model current pay period. Analyze/research each variance to ensure that all hours are accurate. Works with location to update/change time accordingly.
- Updates and maintains employee information.
- Pulls payroll times files and loads/submits into Peoplesoft.
- Adheres to departmental and organizational schedules deadlines for payroll.
- Completes yearly uploads. Ex: vacation balances for each location. Compares gross wages in Peoplesoft to Worbrain or Kronos and completes functions in excel to come up with yearly vacation hourly rate. Reviews for any discrepancy.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, contracts and state and federal laws.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree preferred from accredited university.
- 3-5 years of full cycle payroll administration work experience which includes multiple provinces.
- Knowledge of payroll practices and HRIS systems including PeopleSoft.
- Systems experience with Kronos and PeopleSoft software packages.
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll processing required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all employee levels across multiple business units and functional areas.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!