- Pay 25 to 25
- Function: Accounting / Finance Professional
- Job Ref: 233273
• Manages the payroll reporting process, including file generation, submission and edits under time constraints.
• Analyzes complex data relationships by identifying data inconsistencies, drawing logical conclusions and determining resolutions to the inconsistencies.
• Troubleshoots data errors and repairs or notifies the appropriate offices of said errors.
• Ensures security of payroll files and the file transfer process.
• Maintains a commitment to data accuracy and data integrity.
• Keeps up-to-date on payroll reporting changes and advises College officials of said changes.
• Participates in state and institutional listservs and data user groups.
• Serves as a technical resource for the payroll reporting process.
• Serves as a data source for internal auditors and district administration in accordance with FERPA regulations.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite/
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored.
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
• Five (5) years of Payroll experience and data reporting.
• Experience with database reporting, specifically for retirement data. Prefer retirement data experience from school districts, healthcare, or municipalities.
• Knowledge of payroll, insurance and other benefits programs.
• Experience working with computerized systems.
• Associate’s degree, or higher, in Business.
• Experience in accessing data from multiple sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Willingness to make a professional commitment through continuing education and participation in professional conferences and workshops.
• Ability to have great attention to detail while working on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Detail-oriented, organized and resourceful with the ability to complete projects with rapidly changing priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience retrieving and manipulating data from an ERP.
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.