- Pay 82500 to 82500
- Function: Accounting / Finance Professional
- Job Ref: 235963
• Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on state and federal compliance laws and regulations to strengthen processes, procedures and controls for the lines of business.
• Create functional/technical specs, training guides, SOPs and process documentation.
• Stay current with regulatory compliance regulations, industry best practices and guidance relating to state FLSA laws, state paid sick leave, minimum wage and provides guidance to effectively implement any changes to mitigate regulatory compliance risk.
• Responsible for data integrity; consistently audit internal data and drive corrective action.
• Track and maintain necessary documentation to ensure timely implementation of regulation, business, product, or other action plan by the line of business
• Experience with data analysis and techniques including advanced concepts of Microsoft Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint and/or other analytical software.
• Maintain state/local compensation regulations and provide action guides on how to manage/implement.
• Maintain Union rate tables and keep up to date with contract addendums and/or market rate pay adjustments.
• Become subject matter expert on the HRIS system; audit data, provide data reporting, execute training to key stakeholders.
• Ability to think critically and who will question the status quo
• Proactively seek and provide creative approaches to problem solving and process improvement
• High ethical standards, strong critical thinking, detective, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated skill in effectively communicating (verbal and written) risk assessment results to a
diverse audience; ability to work with all levels of management with a focus on collaboration and relationship management
• Strong ability to collaborate with other team members, provide reporting support and deliver quality results to employees and external customers
• Proven excellent attention to detail and a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements
• Experience providing support for over 10,000+ employees
• 3+ years' experience with data validation, HCM software and ADP Vantage system is strongly preferred.
• In-depth functional experience with data validation, federal and state compliance regulations.
• Experience working with Unions required
• Strong bias for action with a demonstrated track record of owning and delivering solutions successfully
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working directly with users and collaborating across internal teams to deliver complex projects
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
• Ability to balance the demands of projects, maintenance, support and customer expectations in a fastpaced environment with minimal guidance
• Experience with system analysis, user testing, and production support
• Self-starter, able to drive work forward within an agile environment
• High tolerance for ambiguity, challenge, and change
• Ability to show composure in difficult circumstances
• Understanding of pay calculations, pay standards and wage and hour laws
• 3+ Years working with database reporting systems, word processing and spreadsheet software experience (i.e., Access, Word, Excel) including writing documentation that describes operating procedures and the ability to write complex formulas and calculations; experience using pivot tables
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.