Position: Packaging Engineer/Specialist
Location: Tarrytown, NY 10591
Term: 12 months
- Complete project management of packaging graphics projects submitted, from project assignment through component release including graphic development, drawing specification creation/revision, artwork approvals, translations, artwork/specification submission through the Documentum system, and printing supplier proof approvals.
- Revise labeling artwork per standards and regulated requirements.
- Create/revise packaging specifications and drawings.
- Interacts with production experts internally and externally, such as printers.
- Cooperates with external service providers.
- Checks quality of external providers.
- Coordinates with internal resources such as Graphics & Art Design Production Specialist to fulfill project requirements.
- Maintain drawing specification files, electronic files, and artwork.
- Manage artwork approval process including approving artwork and proof approvals consistent with established standards.
- Global coordination of packaging specs including standardization of designs for worldwide use.
- Compliance with FDA Regulations, and an understanding of regulated documents and change control.
- Coordinate with other functional areas to process multiple requests, schedule priorities, and implement approved changes.
- Lead multiple projects and activities along with conducting and/or participating in project meetings as required.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, BS in Packaging (Design or Technical)
- 3-5 years of packaging development/CAD design experience required. Experience with graphic/labeling development, print production, and Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience in packaging design and CAD drawing.
- Experience with additional CAD programs.
- Experience in PDF-based file development and workflow for multiple end uses, including print. Experience with internet applications along with knowledge of digital asset management and XML.
- Experience with pharmaceutical, medical devices, or in-vitro diagnostics packaging is necessary.
- Experience with Plant support as it relates to documentation and spec changes that affect labeling and print changes.