Job Title: Outside Plant Quality Control Inspector
Location: Marietta, GA
Term: Permanent / Full Time
Seeking a Quality Control Inspector for an entry level position supporting wireline construction projects primarily in the outside plant (OSP) networks. As a Quality Control Inspector, you will work directly with the field crews performing the construction work to ensure the work is completed and meets the required standards and associated quality of workmanship. Once work is completed and approved the candidate will take measurements and apply agreed upon rates to allow for billing. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a good work ethic that wants to get a start in the telecommunications industry.
- Previous experience in a quality control environment, outside plant networks or commercial construction
- Must be able to work on a tablet computer
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work outside in a construction environment
- The ability to communicate and work with field crews firmly and fairly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma
- Must be able to pass background check including criminal, drug test and department of motor vehicle
- Previous OSP QA experience desired but not required.
- After 2 weeks of on the job training the candidate must be able to demonstrate that they can perform the QC work
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required but help the candidate stand out)
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Understanding of local, OSHA and municipal codes that pertain to this type of work
- Previous Military experience
Notes: The OSP Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for using their own cell phone and will be driving a company provided truck.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.