- Must have 7+ Linux experience (Red Hat is strongly preferred but okay with Solaris)
- Understanding of middleware technologies and databases (connectivity)
- Linux commands
- Setting up CRON jobs
- In process of moving out of Data Center
- DOCKER experience is needed (understanding at a minimum, can train if people do not have it) - PLUS
- AWS experience is a PLUS
- Must be US CITIZEN
- MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED
- Take TRIAGE issues and validate application
- Understand network and databases for troubleshooting items
- Self healing automation (PLUS)
- SERVICENOW is used for Change Management
- Will work with developers for trouble shooting
- Should have very good communication skills as they will work with other teams and clients for go-live situations
- Works closely with infrastructure and production support groups to develop, plan, and implement system enhancements and upgrades.
- Associate demonstrates solid problem-solving techniques across multiple areas of technology and operational models. Resolves issues with wide impacts. Coaches others to build problem-solving skills.
- Gathers and analyzes business needs and requirements. Associate is able to provide/suggest multiple solutions within and outside the associate's area of expertise to meet needs.
- Associate will facilitate outage restoration calls to access application impact, notify the business, and restore system issues. Associate will also be held responsible to document issue summary, provide root cause analysis, and implement remediation actions.
- Associate produces solid technical documentation and seeks and incorporates feedback where appropriate. Associate coaches others in writing technical documents.
- Associate mentors others in designing effective architecture and creating application environment builds.
- Associate interprets and executes the project management methodology. Associate coaches others to understand and execute the project management methodology.
- Lead client environment and systems requirement meetings to elicit and understand the client's needs/requirements and identify issues to complete the scoping.
- May serve as project leader or project member for the development, programming, and/or implementation of major Unix Operations infrastructure changes, installations or upgrades.
- Configure the application to support requirements and design.
- Take a strong lead in working with the client throughout the life of a project.
- Evaluates and synthesizes predictions for growth. For example, evaluates new hardware and software to determine its need and cost vs. benefit and/or application in the existing system.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor/Masters Degree or relevant business experience
- Computer application certifications, as applicable.
Qualifications (i.e., years of experience, education, specific skills and Work Conditions) :
- 5-7+ years of Experience in supporting Unix/Linux applications environments.
- Experience in client presentation and developing long lasting client relationships.
- Experience gathering requirements via workshops and interviews and delivering the requirements documents.
- Experience working with a standard development process ( SDLC, ITIL)
- A successful candidate will have working knowledge of the following technologies: TCP/IP, browsers, Java/J2EE, JSP, WebSphere, JBOSS, Tomcat, Docker, ELK, UNIX scripting, networking, encryption, web security, load balancing, SQL, Oracle, DB2, Linux, vCenter, and Apache Web Servers.
- Experience in AWS and/or Azure cloud administration and New Relic monitoring and observability platform is preferable