• Lead a team to complete all process creation, control creation, and maintenance of the second line responsibilities.
• Partner with management to further develop a best-in-class program management risk oversight function, focusing on the development of governance, operating models, engagement models, processes, and procedures.
• Keep informed of changing regulatory expectations that may impact project governance or project execution risk.
• Understand how policies, procedures, and standards are applied within day-to-day project management activities.
• Provide a second line challenge function of project’s adherence to policies, procedures, standards, and industry best practice.
• Lead in-depth reviews of projects to identify and understand why they contain outsized execution risk and create assessment reports with opportunities for improvement.
• Lead thematic assessments, identifying trends within the company, other financial services organizations, or across the industry as a whole and present opportunities for improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; prefer Master’s degree.
• 10-12 years of experience in financial services, including experience working with Internal Audit on the remediation and closure of open issues.
• Track record of opining on project execution risk within financial institutions.
• Understanding of generally accepted project management practices and frameworks.
• Experience with and knowledge of operational risk management practices.
• Good understanding of how operational risk is measured and managed.
• Understanding of the global prudential regulatory framework within which the company operates.
• Outstanding communication and influencing skills will be needed to drive strategy and transformation activities.
• Prefer experience conducting risk and control self-assessments.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.