Title: Network Services Technician
Term: 12 Months
Location: Annapolis, MD
Long term contract opportunity in Annapolis, MD for a Network Services Technician.
- Monitors network management system and engages telecom providers to drive restoral efforts.
- Tracks incident details and keeps information updated in the incident management tool in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Solves systems and network problems/questions with limited scope and complexity.
- Applies technical knowledge to oversee high availability IP networks, messaging systems, and Air to Ground data communications equipment and systems.
- Identifies resolutions of routine technical queries from client’s CAS customers and CAS Business Units.
- Takes guidance from other team members or management to resolve less routine issues.
- Works with Senior Team Members to resolve moderate to complex issues with critical customer services. May take the lead role in resolving less complex issues.
- Uses discretion to interpret and apply established processes. Errors could cause prolonged or wider spread failures.
- Monitors and troubleshoots system performance, troubleshoots, resolves, or escalates network issues.
- Understands deployment, configuration, and maintenance routines and develops tools to make the process more efficient.
- Participates in network solutions design and configurations.
- Analyzes issues and provides customers with guidance to resolve problems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols, computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing.
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL/ITSM concepts and practices.
- This position requires AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Remedy, Netcool, Office 0365, ServiceNow
- CCNA certification
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.