Position: Network Security Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA 20171
Term: 5 months
- Researches evaluate, engineers, develops, troubleshoots, and supports solutions and infrastructure.
- Defines and executes repeatable test procedures, creation of technical documentation, and delivers
- scalable standards for all implementations.
- Develops operational processes and works with software development to optimize, enhance, and automate those processes to achieve the greatest impact.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to successfully interact as a member of the engineering team and effectively collaborate in a diverse, multi-functional department.
- Provide day-to-day technical support on troubleshooting errors or issues with firewalls and network devices.
- Define process and support all platform lifecycle management to include the yearly audit functions, end of lifecycle platform, customer migration, and equipment decommissioning functions.
- Develops partnerships with key equipment suppliers. Communicates requirements, guidance, and desired capabilities.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Confident and mature individual with a high degree of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude to achieve outstanding, timely, and quality results and operate at the highest levels of excellence and process efficiency.
- Experience administrating firewall policies and analyzing firewall security and traffic logs.
- Expert knowledge of IPSEC VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Networking expertise in TCP/IP communication and knowledge of common application protocols and how they work.
- Hands-on experience with network and security solutions such as firewalls, network routers/switches, and site-to-site VPN technologies.
- Experience working with Juniper routers and switches.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in troubleshooting network devices, Firewall, and IPS.
- Experience with Linux, automation scripting with Python, and GitLab / ansible.
- Experience in VMware Infrastructure.
- 5+ years of progressively expanding responsibilities and experience in telecommunications, networking, technology management, or security operations.
- Use of packet capturing technologies such as Wireshark and tcpdump.
- Knowledge of platform technologies including Microsoft Windows, Unix, and Linux.
- Active TS clearance with current SSBI/T5R investigation with a polygraph.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.