Location: Ohio - Remote
Term: 12 months
- Complete activations for external customers with little oversight.
- Partner with the applicable departments to troubleshoot activations for customers such as Customer Care Manager, Account teams, and Field Ops.
- Troubleshoot post activation issues.
- Excel at processing orders according to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), M&Ps, On-Time Performance objectives, and quality standards.
- Excel at managing the assigned queue (Maybe an Automatic Call Distribution (ADC) call queue where assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
- Maintains and supports the network infrastructure.
- Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
- Provides accurate and consistent internal and external customer communication during established intervals using phone, email, and ticketing notes.
- Leverages knowledge to provide support to peers and provides new hire training.
- Organize and complete special projects assigned by Leadership.
- Utilize flexible scheduling to work outside of normal business hours in support of customer requests.
- Provide top-level escalation support for Leadership.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements, understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies, ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
- Maintain a commitment to safe practices and holds others equally accountable.
- A complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality.
- Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Associate degree or equivalent education.
- 7+ years related experience in specific area or equivalent.
- May require a technical certification.
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) Topologies.
- Understanding and ability to interpret Circuit Designs.
- Intermediate experience with the implementation of Circuits: DS1, DS3, Optical, Ethernet, and DWDM.
- Intermediate experience with Network Hardware including Routers, Switches, and Wireless Access Points.
- Intermediate experience working with Internet and Private Network Solutions.
- Intermediate experience working with Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Equipment or Solutions.
- Intermediate experience configuring Customer Provided Equipment (CPE) Routers and Switches.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills to lead teams through change.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Operations, Technology, or related field.
- Certifications in related telecom or networking field. (3 certifications preferred – Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional, and/or MEF. Juniper or Alcatel)
- Experience with SDWAN activations, troubleshooting, and turn-ups – Cisco Meraki experience, Versa, and/or Viptela experience.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
- Intermediate knowledge of Open Systems Intercommunication model, working knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, Voice, MPLS, Internet Protocol, DWDM, and Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR).
- Intermediate knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms including BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, and Cisco.
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay, and Juniper.
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX.
- Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN, and ISP) and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.