Permanent opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Our client is a diversified, global portfolio of niche brands and businesses that manufactures highly engineered products and solutions for our customers. They are committed to generating superior shareholder returns by combining a unique management style of decentralization, entrepreneurial spirit, active mergers and acquisitions, and a balanced approach to capital deployment, all with a culture of continuous improvement as embodied in the company culture.
Role: Network Engineer
Location: Carlisle, PA or Maryland Heights, MO
Salary Range: $82,000 - $115,000 (DOE) + annual bonus
The Network Engineer will manage and direct all networking and communications platforms working in conjunction with systems personnel. Position is responsible for all LAN/WAN/Firewall/Wireless/Internet design, configuration, implementation, monitoring, reporting and manage/support. Interacts with and provides direction to the broader IT team and management. Requires experience in telecommunications network design and management. Must be able to work independently on requirements that are moderately complex. Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services. The Network Engineer is responsible for the full cycle from design through implementation and management/support thereafter. Closely coordinates with other IT system professionals and vendors/partners to ensure proper implementation of network services. A positive Customer Service oriented attitude is required.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
Network Infrastructure Design
- Responsible for design, configuration, troubleshooting and implementation of all aspects of network infrastructure.
- MPLS/AVPN traffic engineering design, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of popular network communication protocols such as SIP, DHCP, DNS, RCP, HTTP, SNMP, and ICMP.
- Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco and Palo Alto for core network requirements
- Responsible for configuring IPSec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Manages firewalls including VPNs, malware prevention, IDS/IPS, Wildfire, Panorama, Prime, ISE, LiveAction, APIC-EM, WLC, Industrial switches, voice gateways (Cisco and Palo Alto)
- Assist in the creation, monitoring, documentation, reporting and testing of disaster recovery initiatives
- Works closely with internal IT Security resources to ensure best practices identified by IT Security are adhered to
- Manage backup of networking systems configurations, maintain up to date patch levels and recommended practices
Metrics & Resources Maximization
- KPI's (key performance indicators) -- maintain accurate and timely reporting of KPI's identified
- Achieve and maintain maximum uptime for critical servers or services utilizing the network
- Documentation -- maintains current and accurate documentation for the following: SOP (standard operating procedures), processes, contracts, licensing, managed services, networks, etc.
- Maintain service desk resolution within established SLA’s. (ServiceNow)
- Leverage a strong knowledge of equipment, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency
- Participate in the development, evaluation, and quarterly verification (self-audit) of Internal Audit Controls maintain guidelines for a system of internal control
- Properly address and prioritize tasks based on urgent and highly sensitive client needs and manage appropriate/realistic expectations to ensure overall client satisfaction
- Research networking issues and products as required and leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all viable solutions while using appropriate judgment in applying effective resolutions
- Working familiarity in implementing and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols: RIPv2 and RIPng, and OSPF.
Maintenance & Support
- Provide support for all network and data communication issues including private and internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity
- Maintain and manage vendor relationships including third-party vendor and service providers
- Assist with licensing compliance and annual true-up activities.
- Achieve compliance with Company IT policies and procedures.
- 3 to 5 years of previous related experience
- Project management – must have the ability to self-manage small to medium projects including development and implementation of project plans with goals of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. For large projects formal project manager(s) will be utilized
- Experience with Cisco and Palo Also equipment required
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (Information Technology, Information Systems)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or higher
- Experience in a manufacturing industry a benefit
- Certifications with Cisco, VMware VeloCloud a plus