Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Our established client is looking for a Network Engineer to join their team for a long-term contract opportunity. You will be responsible for the data center and user facing LANs, WAN, and network services for our client.. This position will work independently and as part of the team to identify opportunities and design solutions, configure and implement devices and software, and maintain and provide break fix for the existing equipment and services in both project and day to day roles. The ideal candidate will have solid communication skills and be able to mentor and manage junior employees in a fast paced and changing environment. This position will be participating in the design, installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links, including routers, VPN endpoints, network switches, network monitoring tools, etc.
This position may work both with edge environments and in the datacenter as part of a team in conjunction with other Network Team members.
Is this a fit ? (Requirements)• Experience in Network Monitoring Systems and Device/Network Management Systems, like SNMP, etc.
• Enterprise firewall experience – experience configuring and managing enterprise firewalls and gateway devices is important in this role
• Cisco ASA and SM56, Firepower 9300, 1000, 2000, 4000 series
• Palo Alto System install, configure, manage, and fix Palo Alto Firewalls and maintain and manage border security systems, such as intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
• Palo Alto Prisma Access / Global Protect – Virtual Private Network (VPN)
• Cisco 5500 series firewalls running IOS N-1
• Extensive knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, Access Points, firewalls, and security.
• Experience implementing and/or administering Intrusion Prevention or Network Access Control appliances a plus.
• Experience in implementing Wireless network solutions in large network environments.
• Experience in Network Monitoring Systems and Device/Network Management Systems, like SNMP, etc.
• Strong Layer 1-4 knowledge
• Extensive understanding of network cable standards and experience designing physical infrastructure for networks with 50 or more sites
• Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Catalyst switches and routers including but not limited to: 2900, 3800, 3900 routers running iOS N-1 version 2900, 3500 3700, 3800, 9200, 9300, 9500, IE2K, IE5K series switches running IOS N-1 version
• Cisco PVDM for SRST
• Cisco Prime Infrastructure Version N-1
• Clustered Cisco 5508 WLC v188.8.131.52 with Anchor controllers
• Clustered Cisco 5520 Wireless Controllers
• Identify, design, and implement network and security devices, including, but not limited to routers, core switches, firewalls, VPN, IPS
• Cisco ISE
• Citrix Netscaler
• Solarwinds NPM 10.X, IPAM 3.X, Solarwinds NTA 3.X
• TACACS+, RADIUS
• EIGRP, BGP
• IPSEC, SSL
If this sounds like a fit please apply today!