Location: Atlanta, GA
Our established client is looking for a Network Cloud Architect/Engineer to join their team for a long term contract opportunity. You will responsible for ensuring the efficient design and delivery of hybrid networking (cloud & on-premises) and network security services to our clients Agencies.
- Develop and approve network architecture designs and standards for hybrid and on-premises networks, DNS, IP Address Management, and network security services.
- Create, update, and approve network design diagrams, solution documents, and other solution artifacts.
- Engineer, implement, and support cloud network resources - Transit gateway, VPCs, Direct Connect, VPNs, route tables, load balancers, network security groups, ACLs, firewalls, gateways, etc.
- Design, implement, and support hybrid cloud connectivity using BGP routing protocol and IPSEC VPNs.
- Responsible for network operations for both on-premises and cloud networks.
- Interpret, create, and approve firewall and other network security policies to be implemented.
- Implement and support cloud DNS zones and records within a hybrid model.
- Identify network tasks and configurations that can be automated by using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and Ansible; then work with other teams to implement and support the infrastructure using these automation tools.
- Participate in architecture governance forums, technology planning, change, incident, and problem management.
- Work closely with their Teams, Service Integrator, and Service Providers to deliver excellent service to their agencies.
- Monitor all service levels and contractual commitments for the assigned area.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Is this a fit ? (Requirements)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience and/or certifications and seven (7) years in technology organizations with senior level experience in routing, switching, network security, VPNs, and load balancing AND experience deploying and supporting cloud networking, including AWS, in a large multi-account, hybrid cloud environment. (VPC, TGW, IGW, NATGW, ALB/NLB, AWS Firewall, Route Tables, WAF, Direct Connect, VPN with a solid level of experience working with TCP/IP and routing protocols such as BGP.
- Expert level knowledge of network architecture, engineering, and support
- Team player at all levels with collaboration skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong Leadership and self-management skills
- Working knowledge of ITIL Best Practices
- Ability to identify Process Improvement Opportunities
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Building Relationships
- Vendor and Alliance Management
- Preferred AWS or Azure professional architect certification(s).
- 3+ years of cloud networking architecture or engineering and support experience.
- Experience with AWS Route 53 in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience working in an AWS Control Tower environment.
- Practical understanding of SD-WAN and SDDC.
- Working knowledge of Terraform or other INF as code services.
- Working knowledge of network orchestration (automation) tools.
- Scripting proficiency (Python, Shell, YAML, JSON, etc.).
If this sounds like a fit please apply today!