Position: Network Architect
Term: 6-month, contract-to-hire
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Network Architect is responsible for supporting the development of the infrastructure architecture enabling the organization to meet business objectives. The position supports designing technology solutions which will support the enterprise network of the organization. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will be secure and effectively integrated with current network. Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to Network Engineering department regarding new technologies and system requirements. Has thorough knowledge of network, infrastructure architecture, and Application Delivery. The primary duties are: Architect and create roadmaps for all Network related technology, participates in conversations with vendors and internal business customers on long-term business goals and objectives, support fiscally reasonable designs and architecture, manages Life Cycle Management (LCM) for Network technologies, participates in project management efforts including Intake, Preliminary Design, Gather Requirements, Security/Architecture Review Board (SARB) and project oversight. Secondarily this position will support interactions for all IS initiatives.
- Participates in: key vendor relationships with executive leadership assess emerging technologies provide key input on technology investments regarding price vs. performance vs. capabilities.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor roadmaps ability to balance costs against benefits.
- Participates in the define/document target architecture anticipate growth ensure scalable and flexible core technologies stay abreast of industry trends and to quickly assess new products use KPI’s and effective metrics to improve key processes bridge typically separate areas across the network landscape.
- Understanding of business drivers and stakeholder requirements understanding of documentation and architectural frameworks experience in capacity and performance management.
- Effectively integrates core capabilities with new technology to successfully implement solution development projects and standards definitions.
- Supports and participate in architectural reviews and/or audits define and maintain documentation of network and technology standards, process, and policies related to core network areas.
- Develops and reviews solutions to ensure network systems and associated processes align with IT Strategies and Roadmaps.
- Participates in the review and recommend network technologies to meet business needs and priorities and to align with enterprise strategies.
- Design the technical network for the enterprise effectively integrate solutions into the existing network document current state network architecture consult on key projects help deploy solutions that meet the business’ needs to meet technical requirements.
- Provide technical network support on-call support and involvement in major incidents ability to help resolve implementation issues, communicate system requirements and resolve system integration issues. Hands-on experience and expertise with specific technologies relevant to the enterprises’ needs, including varied systems software and multiple hardware platforms creative and critical thinking skillsets innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to conceptualize business needs and solutions at a high level and then develop technical requirements and recommend solutions.
- Ability to understand the existing operational environment and drive moving to design and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, technology field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ IT experience (or a combination of healthcare and IT experience)
- Skills in general architecture, operations, or deployment methodologies and techniques
- 5+ years software development, maintenance and/or technical support experience
- Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solutions architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: SDLC Process, Security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design
- Public speaking experience in front of large groups and executives
- Experience working with vague requirements and/or within organizations that are non-structured
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or health informatics
- Healthcare Industry specific knowledge that includes a working knowledge of industry standards and architectures