MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in finding a Network Administrator that will work 100% onsite in a beautiful downtown Chicago office very close to any of the major transportation hubs. This is a great opportunity to expand your career working with an growing company. Are you Network Administrator with hardware based Linux and network administration skills who also has a thorough understanding of multicast networking? Have you ever worked in a high frequency trading environment...if not, would you like to? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
You will support a team of developers and traders, in a dynamic environment. You will be someone excited by challenges and willing to go above and beyond in your performance
What will you be doing?
Skills and Experience:
- Diagnose, improve, and maintain network infrastructures
- Develop and maintain monitoring systems (Systems and Network)
- Triage and Respond to problems/issues
- Prepare and execute network changes
- Create and maintain documentation
- Support the deployment and maintenance of Linux servers and workstations
- Support the deployment and maintenance of Windows desktops
- Support various office technology (Phones, Conference Rooms, Printers)
- Maintain and Deploy data center resources
- This is an in-office position, with occasional onsite work at several colocation facilities in Chicago, Aurora and New Jersey
- Other opportunities as assigned
- 3+ years of experience as a network engineer
- Knowledge and understanding of OSI model layers 1-3
- Experience with common network protocols (BGP, IGMP, PIM, OSPF)
- Thorough understanding of multicast networking
- Experience working with linux and standard tools (bash, grep, sed, awk)
- Knowledge of common scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Understanding of linux concepts (kernel, modules, memory allocation, filesystems, networking)
- Familiarity with common datacenter technologies a plus (IPMI, SNMP)
- Hands-on experience with some common software a plus (nagios, ansible, yum/rpm, git)
- Experience with troubleshooting complex performance issues
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment (40-50 lb regularly)
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.