Position: Mobile App Developer
Duration: 6 Months (initially, desire is for extension or transition)
Location: Plano, TX, Atlanta, GA, Remote if in Southeast U.S. or Texas as occasional site visits to Dallas/Plano or Atlanta desired
Our client, a worldwide leader in the delivery of IoT solutions is seeking a Senior Mobile Application Software Engineer to do native mobile application software development. You would be working in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment with some of the best in brightest minds in the industry. This opportunity will give the ideal candidate the experience of developing mobile applications for a wide variety of industry clients. The group also works in emerging virtual and augmented reality, which could also allow a talented developer valuable career experience to be gained in these rapidly growing technologies.
The team’s mobile applications are often delivered in short term intervals, allowing a developer wide variety of opportunities to expand your expertise. Being part of a smaller team, you will have the opportunity to become a key contributing member and exercise many of your software development skills. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with mobile development in React Native and will have worked in an Agile software development environment. There may be opportunities to work on iOS projects; however, Android oriented projects comprise most of the app frameworks. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to demonstrate their coding, scripting, and design skills during the interview process.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of building and improving our mobile applications offering.
- Coordinate work of external teams to design, code, and maintain high quality and more complex user-centric applications that meet business objectives as well as usability and corporate standards.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced team members in the analysis, design, coding, and testing of mobile applications.
- Act as technical lead/SME, to determine and utilize strong practices throughout the development life cycle of our products.
- Participate in software releases and continuous maintenance.
- Assist management with employee development initiatives, including training.
- Five plus years of React native mobile development experience.
- Three plus years of Android project work
- Related cross platform tools experience like Xamarin.
- Experience collaborating with UX designers and backend software developers.
- Some familiarity with native iOS
- Interest and experience in emerging Augmented and Virtual Reality functionality
- Bachelor’s Degree Ideally in Computer Science or Engineering