Microsoft Office 365 Engineer
Cerium Networks, a Microsoft Gold Partner, is looking for talented, proven, and motivated Microsoft 365 Engineer to join our team. As a Cerium Engineer, you will work with Cerium's Microsoft customers to drive the effective use, adoption, and management of Microsoft 365, focusing on Intelligent Collaboration (Microsoft Teams) and Messaging (Exchange Online) workloads.
We are seeking a Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE) who specializes in Microsoft 365 (Teams, Exchange Online, Azure Identity and Authentication) along with Microsoft Skype for Business and Exchange Premise / Hybrid implementations, who will partner with customer business decision makers and IT teams to understand their business requirements and address these using Microsoft technologies. As a CSE you will be the subject matter expert and key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as technology deployments, technical assessments and providing tailored technical guidance. Recent experience and advanced Microsoft 365 skills are essential. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.
- Associates or bachelor’s plus 3 years' experience or 5 years relevant education/experience.
- Three (3) or more years of direct, hands-on experience with Teams and Exchange Online or Exchange Hybrid in an admin, support or consulting role.
- The planning, migration and operations of Microsoft 365 in both Hybrid and Cloud-only configurations.
- Deep experience with deploying Microsoft Unified Communications products to include Teams, Skype for Business and Exchange.
- In-depth knowledge of supporting and complementary technologies such as Session Border Controllers, Active Directory Federation, Azure Active Directory, Authentication, and PowerShell.
- Competencies in configuring telephony workloads for Skype for Business and Teams implementations, including Direct Routing
- Comprehensive knowledge of VoIP and SIP protocols, keen troubleshooting ability and working knowledge of the latest diagnostic tools, log analysis and scripting ability.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft 365 Endpoint Manager, including MDM and MAM enrollment options for iOS, Android, and Windows endpoints.
- Core understanding of Windows 10/11 policies and configurations, along with Autopilot and Policy based application deployment procedures.
- Deep understanding of networking and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Experience in customer-facing roles with demonstrated capability in clearly presenting thoughts and ideas confidently to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels.
- Possess real passion for continuous learning, strong analytical skills, critical thinking, time management skills, and good judgement.
- Solving problems at the experienced level in large network environments while working with multiple layers of customer engineering, network, and administrative staff.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment where technology and customers' requirements can change regularly.
- Demonstrated aptitude for providing extraordinary customer service in emotionally charged environments.
- Travel: Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 25% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.