- Pay 90000 to 100000
- Function: Manufacturing / Operations
- Job Ref: 245183
Location: Horseheads, New York
Full Time- Permanent
Our client is seeking a mechanical engineer for their Horseheads, NY operation, part of the Sensing Systems Division. The Horseheads operation designs, manufactures, tests and delivers gaseous based radiation detectors and associated hardware for use in commercial, research and special purpose nuclear reactors. The Sensing Systems Division manufactures the in-core and out-of-core radiation detectors, electrical penetrations and control components which operate in the extreme environments of nuclear power plants and nuclear research reactors worldwide.
Individual will analyze, understand, and interpret design documents, interact with other engineers and teams at various levels to ensure high quality analyses and calculations, develop documentation related to calculations and analysis. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good communication skills, detail oriented and accountable for completion of work and assignments. Excellent planning and organizational skills, good judgment, and effective decision-making abilities.
• Preparation or verification of specifications: materials and parts; manufacturing; tests; etc.
• Preparation of technical and test reports.
• Design of Experiments.
• Support Engineering associates on design analyses and specification reviews.
• Support Procurement group with sourcing materials, addressing questions and
• resolving technical issues.
• Support Manufacturing group.
• Support Quality group on identification of critical characteristics, resolution of
• technical questions and non-conformances.
• Support Sales group on technical proposals and customer inquiries.
• Some travel is required (5%).
• B.S or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related science from an accredited college or university.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Creative problem-solving capabilities.
• Working knowledge of engineering software tools (e.g. AutoCad Inventor, Matlab, Ansys FEA, etc.).
• Proficient with MS Office Products (Word and Excel).
• Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. To work at here, applicants must be able to complete a federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
Desired: 2+ years of experience supporting an industrial product manufacturing environment.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.