Marketing Manager TV & Online Video - 100% REMOTE
Location: 100% REMOTE - CST or PST preferred
Salary: $100K to $130k per year – may have some wiggle room for solid candidate + 10% bonus so total comp could be as high as $143k
Travel: ~10% - may travel to Austin for team meeting or to production sites once/ QTR to random shoot sites (Boise, LA, Connecticut most recent sites)
In a nutshell: This person will be overseeing production of TV ads. Preference would be US experience b/c the consumption habits are very different outside of US. Online video component is very small, this is primarily TV role so need the TV experience.
Must haves: 1.) Need to understand and have experience in TV itself – various channels (OGT, connected TV) and how to optimize TV creative to drive awareness & response. Oversee campaign objectives. Need to know ins & outs of TV space to help instruct & guide the agency so need to be very analytical and measure performance. Will define strategy and guide agency partners. Agency exp (either side ) and Financial Services exp. B2C is the key. Will work as part of the Digital Team which rolls into direct to consumer side. Will work with legal & bank team, inhouse creative, and potentially product marketing for product messaging as well as PR. So collaboration / partnering skills are non-negotiable. If somebody has come from a lot of independent consulting or freelance background this is challenging.
- Benjamin will help schedule the iv’s. First screen will be 30 minute video iv with Steve (more scenario and knock out questions). If that goes well he will give an easy homework assignment (basically a validation of their knowledge) then 2nd round will be with multiple panel style (separate) then 3rd with Head of Marketing. **Highlight a firm that they feel does it right and why. Give them an example – what the firm is (ideally Fin Services) and nail down components of expertise/why they think it’s good. 2nd, look at their spots and give them feedback.
Roughly ~700 employees. Once merge/divestiture happens will be around 1000 total.
NetSpend Direct is an entrepreneurial business unit within NetSpend, with responsibility for growing the company’s online and direct-to-consumer business line including all facets of customer acquisition and retention, servicing customers through web and mobile platforms, and strategic partnerships.
We are looking for a digital marketing star to lead & grow our DRTV and Video channel with a focus on performance and profitability. You will be responsible for the company’s DRTV/Video vision, strategy and execution, while also helping develop NetSpend’s digital marketing stack through industry thought leadership.
What You’ll Do
- DRTV and Video Management – Responsible for strategy, creation, execution and measurement of DRTV and Video campaigns for NetSpend and partner branded programs. Review daily, weekly, monthly performance trends and direct optimization activities. Oversee DRTV and Video budget pacing and media efficiency ensuring volume goals are met.
- Full Funnel Management - Own the strategy and execution for the full marketing lifecycle from campaign ideation, creative execution, media acquisition, landing page optimization, call center optimization and product order flow optimization
- Testing – We have a bank of campaigns with proven results, but we always want to strive to improve performance through rigorous testing. This can be through testing scripts, video content, call center scripts, landing pages, new channels, formats, audiences or other tactics.
- Optimization –Success in this role will require leveraging self-service management tools, analyzing campaign performance by integrating front and back end metrics, and identifying areas of opportunity and risk. The successful candidate will need to be able to translate these analyses into actionable tactics.
- Budgeting and forecasting – Live, breathe and own your numbers. Work with the Digital Team and Account Managers to provide DRTV and Video budgeting guidance along with forecasted KPIs including CPA and Order targets. Manage weekly updates to internal performance reporting documents and monthly updates to the marketing forecast.
- Strategic Roadmap - Aid in the research and discovery of new marketing technologies and tools that will help us scale our digital marketing programs.
- Competitive Analysis – Leverage enterprise class web tools to provide regular updates on the competitive landscape
- Executive Presentations – Develop and present channel summaries for leadership, identifying key areas of opportunity and risk. When appropriate develop and present investment business cases for areas of growth and innovation.
What’s Great About It
- You’ll own your channel’s marketing experiences across acquisition, remarketing, and marketing analytics
- You’ll get to focus on your passion for digital video, TV and internet technologies, segmentation and 1.1 user journeys that marry with creative that performs.
- And of course, you will be joining an industry leader with a solid growth record and expansion opportunities.
Experience We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 + years’ relevant professional DRTV/Video marketing experience with significant B2C marketing experience. Deep expertise in managing large complex DRTV/Video programs preferred.
- Proficiency using media buying with Agencies and directly with Google
- Quantitative wizard –Be a thought leader in gathering and identifying hypothesis for analysis, blending front end DRTV/Video data with business performance. Evaluate and understand operational results, activities and variances. Must be very proficient with Excel and able to analyze campaign performance with the support of the data analytics team
- Performance marketing oriented with proven results in driving new account/customer growth
- Creative eye and sensibility – while the quantitative skills are critical, so is the ability to know what kind of messaging and creative will delivery response and results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, where resourcefulness and initiative are highly rewarded
- Love the craft of performance marketing, and wears that passion on your sleeve
- Knowledge of relevant online analytics tools and DRTV/Video service providers/solutions