Position: Marketing Editor and Proofreader
Location: Raleigh, NC/Remote
Term: 12 months
- Help the Content team provide global content guidance by ensuring corporate brand and style guidelines are followed in marketing collateral (case studies, FAQs, whitepapers, etc.), advertising copy, web content, messaging content, and more.
- Work with a variety of teams and across a range of print and web-based media.
- Review marketing content for mistakes, inaccuracies, typos, and style issues using a style guide and content templates.
- Help plan, write for, edit, proof, and perform other tasks as needed on a Kanban board.
- Make corrections to content in programs like Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, and a web-based content creation and layout tool.
- Make corrections and suggestions to content in common office software tools.
- Ensure all content is tagged appropriately and SEO principles (such as cross-linking) are followed in order to make content easy to find.
- Work with team members focused on content analytics to ensure the team is tracking the right pieces of content and using data to inform content creation, promotion, and measurement efforts.
- Connect with content contributors across the company to create consistent experiences for prospects and customers.
- Be an advocate for the brand and voice.
- Be a continual student of your craft and share your unique skills and insights with others across the company.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Relevant experience as a writer or editor.
- Experience with the Google suite of applications (Drive, Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets) and with Adobe InDesign.
- Effective and persuasive communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and time effectively, including establishing priorities and communicating expectations to managers and stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and simplify complex information.
- Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative environment.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with AP (Associated Press) style guide.
- Experience with scrum or agile (Agile) work processes.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Drupal, Ahrefs, or similar systems and tools.
- Global experience (beyond North America) and multilingual.
- Reasonable editing experience. Good amount of time and experience editing.
- Writing samples
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.